Did you know each month I do a special topic lecture on my YouTube channel? I want to make sure you caught LAST month’s lecture on How trauma is REALLY released.
It was a popular one and a favourite for many, dubbed by a few to be one of my best lectures and one of the best talks they’ve ever heard on trauma and the healing of it! So, I hope you take some time to watch and understand the complexity of the human system living in the current (Earth) environment.
Here’s one comment from You Tube:
In this special topic lecture I cover a lot of ground in and around ‘releasing’ old traumatic experiences, so I hope you take some time to watch and understand the absolute complexity of the human system living in the current earthly environment.
Here’s an overview of topics covered:
- 6:17 – What is trauma?
- 8:10 – What is the nervous system?
- 9:38 – Polyvagal/Vagus nerve
- 13:15 – How early regulation impacts our traumas/abuse/dysregulation in the future
- 13:38 – Processing traumas
- 18:48 – Building capacity to release trauma
- 21:11 – Releasing trauma when a parent/in front of children
- 22:49 – Processing and tracking the ‘traumas’
- 24:22 – Releasing something in the system is not ‘cut and dry’
- 25:54 – A sign of ‘being trapped’ in the trauma
- 29:15 – Over riding stress responses
- 31:14 – Time to heal
- 37:20 – Importance of following impulses
- 40:03 – How to work with early trauma (no healthy connection)
- 42:10 – Shaking, other ‘quick fixes’ to get the release
- 47:58 – Where do I start?
- 49:59 – Anxiety/Panic
- 52:18 – Why we need biodiversity when healing
- 54:33 – How does releasing trauma really happen?
- 56:19 – Parenting
- 57:39 – Bodywork and effect on releasing traumas
- 1:03:52 – Trauma release exercises
- 1:09:03 – How do you find the patience to heal?
- 1:10:33 – How do we unfreeze certain body parts?
- 1:13:43 – Not one way to release trauma
- 1:14:50 – Personality and bi-polar disorders
- 1:18:26 – Can someone be functioning but be in freeze?
- 1:19:40 – Importance of rest/sleep
If you click on any of these it will take you to the video on YouTube right to the spot where I talk about that subject or, my recommendation, just watch the full lecture below 🙂